WE ARE RECRUITING
Plantool Training is currently seeking a Training Manager
Responsible To: Daventry Depot Manager
Responsible For: Training Plantool staff and clients and achieving sales targets for customer training.
Job Purpose: To maintain a sales target set by the MD in customer training and develop the training business to enable the business to move into it’s own premises and become a separate entity to the core hire business. Ensure all Plantool staff receive the training they require under current legislation. To support the development of the training centre and build on the portfolio of training courses Plantool can offer. To deliver a large variety of training sessions to Plantool’s staff and customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow the training business and achieve a sales target set by the MD.
- Update Plantool’s own training courses when current legislation changes.
- Make sales calls and emails to customers to increase sales.
- Select and book in staff training for staff working in different roles within the organisation.
- Maintain and update staff training records.
- Set up the training room with materials and refreshments before a course commences.
- Organise external trainers to deliver training to Plantool staff at Plantool’s training centre where the course is required but not within the remit of the Training Manager.
- Update Plantool’s training terms and conditions when required.
- Update training risk assessments as required by current legislation.
- Order refreshments, stationery and materials required for training sessions from the appropriate supplier. Order food from caterers for training sessions.
- Monitor and check booking made by the booking off at our Nuneaton Depot.
- Maintain and build good working relationships with staff, clients and training associations.
- Enter training sessions that have spaces available onto the CITB ATO system, ready for sale to the construction industry.
- Maintain and update the training website and develop new training offers.
- Take and process training bookings from clients.
- Ensure all booked training is well organised and associations are notified of courses due to take place to ensure Plantool Ltd is not subject to non-conformance during annual and unannounced audits.
- Keep all associations training courses and materials up to date and ensure correct course versions are used when delivering training courses.
- Use the CITB’s ATO system to claim grants and funding for customer training.
- Process course paperwork after a course has been completed and post training certification out to clients.
- Prepare all documents required for annual audits undertaken by training associations and external organisations. Ensuring all training paperwork is completed to a high standard and filed accordingly.
- Ensure all training paperwork is completed to a high standard and filed accordingly.
- Complete procurement forms for clients Plantool Ltd supply training and hire equipment to.
- Complete invoices for client training and update prices and stock codes for training using the Syrinx software system.
- Organise apprentice college attendance and attend meetings with the CITB to discuss and develop progress of apprentices.
- Assist the Managing director in enforcing and effectively communicating the organisations health and safety policy at all times. Communicating this to staff during training sessions.
- Effectively communicate booking confirmation to staff and clients.
- Promote Plantool’s core hire business in training sessions and communicate Plantool’s procedures to staff.
- Assist the website developers with the development of the training website and assist them with writing blogs for social media posts.
- Keep google documents up to date to ensure all staff involved in the training process are aware of training sessions due to take place.
- Monitor the staff training incentive scheme and ensure bonuses are paid to the relevant staff.
- Assist staff with writing CV’s to enable them to gain additional qualifications.
- Follow and implement Plantool’s equality and diversity policy at all times. Updating this as and when necessary.
- To undertake other related duties suitable to the nature and level of this post as defined by Daventry Depot Manager.
The successful candidate will regularly be required to work from different locations within The Midlands region.
The successful candidate will occasionally be required to attend training sessions and development seminars at various locations within the UK.
Occasionally this post will require the successful candidate to work outside of your normal working hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- PAV, load and unload and MEWPS for managers.: 1 year (Preferred)
- PASMA towers for users, work at height essentials and low le: 1 year (Required)
- IPAF 1b, 3a and 3b operator and demonstrator and safety: 1 year (Required)
- Manual handling and abrasive wheels training: 1 year (Preferred)
If you have the skills and experience please apply here >