Abrasive Wheel Training
This half day training course is aimed at anyone who selects, mounts or uses abrasive wheels. The course covers different types of abrasive wheel, diamond blades, pre-use inspection to wheels and tools, hazards, correct PPE, fire control, regulations, correct cutting/grinding techniques and correct selection of wheels.
There are currently no dates scheduled for Abrasive Wheel Training. It you're interested in this course, we can organise a date that suits you and your team. Contact us now.
- Mount an abrasive wheel to a machine correctly
- Identify the hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Establish which regulations abrasive wheels come under
- Identify the causes of accidents caused by the incorrect use of abrasive wheels
- Understand the markings on an abrasive wheel
- Select the correct PPE before using an abrasive wheel
- Test and inspect an abrasive wheel
The overall aim of the session is to understand how to use and inspect an abrasive wheel. Mount an abrasive wheel to a machine correctly and enable the group to understand the regulations and markings.
Those who operate, supervise or manage the use of angle grinders, cut off saws and bench top cut off saws.
Multiple choice question paper
You will receive a high quality certificate after successfully completion of the training
If you'd like to know more about this course, or want to be kept up to date with future course dates, please contact us.